Friday, February 10, 2012

The New Year




Well my goal to blog more has not came true yet. After the holidays we tried to get back to the swing of things but that didn't happen. Last week I had to take a unexpected trip to Ohio with my mom. My grandfather went to heaven on January 31st. Which also was my birthday. As I was sad that day I knew my birthday is a celebration of my life but also a celebration of his legacy. He was a wonderful man and fought so hard. I also know that he is heaven looking over my children and they now have another guardian angel. Enough of the sad things I would like to say Aidan is now talking more and more each day. He is just the light of our family. Stephen and me are happy he is talking but maybe missing him being our baby. Terrible two's have kicked in full force and we are running away! LOL. He is not having many issues at the moment. He still gets speech and physical therapy. We are just trying to go on with our everyday life. Someone said last week to me, I don't know how you do it? How do you go on knowing your child has that disease? I told them we don't live in the future we live for each day that is given to us. We try to think about the now. I am not saying Stephen and me don't have conversations about the future because we do but we do not dwell on what might happen. He isn't going ot the doctor much anymore. Which is a good thing for him but also bad in way because There isn't much to do for him at the moment. I am trying to get over that because I am the type I want to change it and what can I do to make it better but with Duchenne it doesn't work that way.

1 comment:

  1. I am always confused by the "I don't know how you do it" statements, too. Do what? What is the alternative? To sit on the couch and cry all day, missing the blessings that today brings? We do what any other mom does - we love our sons. Unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete