Thursday, May 3, 2012

Columbus Trip






Sunday 4:00 a.m.

My mom, Aidan, and me were on our way driving to Atlanta Airport to get on a plane to Columbus, OH. I was excited and nervous. I was afraid this was gonna be waste of money or waste of time. We were schedule to see Dr. Wong on Tuesday but left couple days to see some family.

Sunday 10:00 a.m.

Aidan started swelling at his feet. We thought he got some mosquitoes bites from the t-ball game the other day.

Sunday 3:00 p.m.

Aidan woke up from nap throwing up. I thought maybe from plane ride it was tough on the little man.

Sunday 8:00 p.m.

Swelling got worse and now he is starting to limp. Maybe time to go to Nationwide's Children Hospital in Columbus, OH.

Sunday 10:00 p.m.

Aidan kept throwing up after having anti-nausea medicine and his feet were getting worse.

Sunday 11:00 p.m.

Aidan has been officially admitted to hospital

Monday 4:00 a.m.

Finally got into a room for him to keep getting IV fluids. I have been officially awake for 24 hours.

Monday 6:00 a.m.

Finally took a nap and maybe just maybe Aidan won't throw up.

Monday 8:00 a.m.

Nurse and doctor come in and let us know that Aidan needs to have a MRI done on his brain and a ultrasound.

Monday 12:00 p.m.

Aidan went under anesthesia for the MRI. He will be under for awhile and they will watch him closely because of his Duchenne.

Monday 4:00 p.m.

Aidan's MRI came back normal and his ultrasound was normal. Called Dr. Wong's office to let her know that Aidan was admitted and the hospital is willing to transfer to her hospital so she can see him. She said she could not see him and that we would have to come back another time. I was so upset by this. I came up here for answers and questions to my answers. my nightmare has come true this was a waste of time. In the meantime I let the nurses know what the other doctor said and she said she would see what she can do. The wonderful doctors were fantastic and they got me an appointment for Wednesday to see Dr. Mendell. I quickly got on the computer and researched him and his team. Heard great things.

Monday 10:00 p.m.

Aidan was doing much better and they were discharging him so he can get some needed rest and he stopped throwing up. The diagnosis..... they think it was cellulitis. Poor baby cannot catch a break.

Tuesday all day

Aidan and me took a well needed four hour nap. We visited with family and tried to just comprehend what has happened the past couple of days.

Wednesday 12:00 p.m.

We met with the wonderful team at Nationwide's Hospital. My mom and me came out of that hospital with hope and reassuring that we were doing great things for Aidan. Now we have to come back every 6 months for them to look over Aidan's care. I just felt I finally had answers.

Thursday 5:00 p.m.

Finally back to home. Laying on the couch and cannot believe what these past of couple days have done to my body and my mind. Just think of what Aidan feels like but guess what he is running around like nothing happened few days ago. We need to feel like that too. Maybe in the morning I will feel better. lol

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us, must of been very hard and worrisome for you but I am glad he is better. Also glad you were able to see Dr. Wong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is so scary when your little guy is in the hospital and you don't know what's wrong!!! I'm sorry you had to go through that. Glad you got to see Dr M, though! Next year we should coordinate our visits there so we can meet!

    ReplyDelete