Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Diagnosis

The day has come and we have a diagnosis. It's Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. It was the diagnosis I wasn't hoping for. I guess still in my heart I wish it was just a virus but I kind of already knew. I found out yesterday and I was strong for Aidan. I didn't want him to see his mommy cry. This morning I felt like I got hit by a truck. Just waves of emotions happened this morning. I was okay and then I was far from okay. I got an email from a lady that her son is little younger than Aidan and they just found out their child has the same disease. She said for the first week she felt like a zombie. She didn't know what to say or feel because all the emotions were coming out at once. I am very glad that I am not doing this by myself. My mother-in-law and my mother was there for me yesterday. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the family or friends that I have helping through this hard time. My husband has been very strong for me and I adore him for that. We will fight for Aidan and we will do everything for Aidan. I will not stop until there is a cure! This morning when i went to Aidan's crib, Aidan was just laughing and screaming. He doesn't know what is going on, he is just a bundle of joy. We have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment