Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Truth on Paper

On Tuesday, September 20,2011, The MD Clinic called and notify me Aidan's DNA genetic test came back. It is confirmed he has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. He is missing exon 52 to 54. We all knew in our hearts and we all heard it already but for me it was hard. I had hope in my heart they were wrong. That is could be something else. Maybe in denial a little bit. Saturday the test results came in the mail and I read them over and over. This is true, this is what he has. Everyone asks so what's next? What are they gonna do? That is the hardest question to answer. There is nothing to be done right now. Live life. He is so young MD clinic justs watches him. He is doing speech therapy and physical therapy but other than that there isnt anything anyone can do. But I realized just because we cannot do anything to Aidan. We can do something for Aidan. We spread awareness. We get people to pray for him. We raise money for a cure. We will not sit back and wait for this disease to start when it wants to. We will start now. He is gonna be a kid like everyone else. I will make sure of that. Stephen and me will do everything in our power to do our best as parents and we will do everything to spread the word about this disease! Aidan is doing well. He still falls but what kid doesn't have bumps, bruises, and scraps. He is a boy right!

No comments:

Post a Comment